
Posing with Mommy...

Decorating with Daddy...

Having a good time....

Hurry up! We want to dig in!

What a cute demolisher!

A roof never tasted so good...

Mmm...Mmm...

What a cute cleaner!
None of us had ever built a gingerbread house UNTIL last night! After having a great time at my mom's house, we came home get started on the construction...and destruction! It was a great experience for us as a family since neither Dana or I had ever gotten to build one before. That made it EVERYONE'S first gingerbread house...and the memories will be all the more special! The boys watched patiently and in awe as I put the actual house together. They were so excited because I told them they could decorate it however they wanted it!! So, after the house was up, the decorating crew began their work! I told them they didn't have to make it look like the one on the box...that they should just have fun and decorate it anyway they wanted. Keyton said he was glad it didn't matter what it looked like since it was being made with love! Garrison kept cleaning up a little at a time as he went...and eating some of the candy decorations! When we were almost finished with it, Keyton said he couldn't wait to dig in! Garrison's eyes lookedto po likeng they were going to pop out of his head! They made their daddy get in on part of the decorating as well! When it was complete, they did manage to let me take a couple of pictures before ALL THREE guys tore into it! They nibbled and nibbled on it...until it collapsed! I didn't taste it...I just took pictures. Then, the cleaning man stepped in and cleaned up our huge mess! It was a great family activity that we plan on continuing every year! I love my family!
5 comments:
Very cute pictures! Making a gingerbread house is so much and always provides tons of precious memories.
Making gingerbread houses with your kiddos is so much fun!! You guys made a cute one!!
Merry Christmas,
Lisa
We love building gingerbread houses too!! Merry Christmas!!
Congrats on your first gingerbread house!! We made our first one a couple of years ago. It is a lot of fun! And the kits make it so easy. It's a great family memory.
Looks great!! We always make gingerbread houses. My 2 always look forward to it!
Post a Comment